As I’ve gotten older I’ve become more conscious about my food choices. I’m by no means an expert or perfect when it comes to my dietary needs – this is definitely a journey. However, I’m taking small deliberate steps towards a healthier lifestyle. So today I want to share my current favorite go-to salad of choice. This is the perfect Spring and Summer salad (in my opinion) as either a side or an entree (just add a bit of protein).
This version has just 5 ingredients (not including salt and pepper), and can be made is large batches and kept for the week – hello easy and quick meal prep for the week.
The original recipe is by Martha Steward and can be found on here.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 3 cans of Lima Beans
- 3 cans Garbanzo/Chickpea
- 1/4 Red Onion (finely chopped)
- 3 tbs Lemon Juice
- 3 tbs Olive Oil or Avocado Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Drain the beans and combine them in a large bowl
- Add the red onion and mix well with Lima and Garbanzo beans
- Top with lemon juice, olive oil or avocado oil, salt, and pepper
- Refrigerate for a few hours and serve
And voila, you’re done!
You can also top with some organic center-cut bacon bits to add some crunch, yum!
If you make this please leave me a comment below and/or tag me on Instagram (@absolutelynancy) I’d love to hear your thoughts!